BEST! Aku mesti FOLLOW!

16 October 2010

Marketers Club Dinner


Masquerade theme was the toughest decision made by the Part 5 as the organizer for Marketers Dinner event. It is because the selections were based on shifting the mind set of associating corporate attire with marketers. The organizer wants this dinner to be  more creative for individuals on how they would personalize themselves as well as in conjuction with the dinner talk on projecting the right image. If the dinner was themed "Masquerade" so, follow the theme and be one. Before the dinner, most students felt they can't find the right suit for Masquerade and it is hard to find the mask. 

However, it was quite extraordinary when someone can even have their face painted and that should be a compliment. Most students came with the same core mask that we can found in Boulevard. And guess what, they can put their most creative ideas by decorating it with other kinds of feathers, cottons, glitters and many more. It was a fantastic night because our dinner was attended by 13 lecturers that is remarkeble in the history of BBA Marketing. Actually the real figure was 15, unfortunately two cannot make it to our dinner. 

How was it felt being the emcee for that night? Well, it was the second experience after the Consumerism seminar conducted and this one really makes me shivered to death as all my adrelines went up down and I had a terrible headache before the dinner starts. My mood went up wrong because I know I did less preparation with my partner because we were occupied by THINGS. Just put all the blames on me. Since our group was so busy to catch up on other things and dinner was on the bottom list to commit, we confronted a number of problems before 9/10/10 comes. There were more lecturers to be invited at last minute call by Mdm R  to the dinner exceeding 10 quotas which 5 more added to the group. Agnes was appointed to be AJK Publisiti continues to be panda bear doing the invitation card for the whole morning, humblely asiding the test at 8am in the same morning. AJK Transport had troubles to deal with top management and the person in charge of buses that always come out with lame excuses. The tentative program for that night always being altered because if games were executed, it was going to be a long EVENING. Me as emcee facing troubles with my partner because our free time does not complement each other time.

That night I entered the ball room as a top model  with a small crown on. Themed purple with black boots on, I approached my team members who were busy on  their agendas. At first I was not too nervous because we occupied ourselves an early photosession with arrived guests. As the clock is ticking, only then I can feel more butterflies in my stomach. During the night, my mouth glued and it was hard for me to speak naturally like what I used to before. Maybe formality of the dinner makes me even more nervous. I really think I need to put my mask on to cover my fault. There are few small mistakes did by emcees that night and it really teaches us some lessons not to repeat it again. From the smallest mistakes as forgot to introduce our names for being emcees that night.. seriously. Followed by shitted up with a series of last minute notice by the team members making us confius to make important announcement. The music were not in the right tune. Really screwed that night. Even worsen, I got someone hurted by my actions due to uncontrol emotions. BUt i have settled with 'em. I ended up my night with crying silently in the bus while on the way reaching to hostel. I really appologize for what went wrong that night and I can't forgive myself either.Thank you Agnes! You made me smile after we reached hostel. 
  
I was scared to open fb account which all deadliest comments will be post right after the dinner. Apparently there were no negative comments being posted even from the seniors. I felt glad!! Looks like the whole evening were filled up with joy and tears performed by each part and also to the part 6 students who have ended their industrial training officially today. We were motivated by speech made by Miss Apple Green  on behalf of part 6 students. I guess that all the mess done by the organizer are swept away silently into the river flow.. (Hoit! Kang kejap lagi kena tegur oleh si Karam Singh kerana pollute river. Hahah!) I don't feel like be emcee again one day because it made me to pretend to somebody else and formality is just not-so me. However, I'll work it up because marketers must be professional and nampak segak jak guna blazer. Sooner, I have to adapt myself with formality because I am going to have my practical training next semester. Btw, thank you to Mdm R for ur msgs.. it really touches my heart. You did expressed your feelings better in written form.Polah buku jak ktk mdm. Gud2!

As for the lessons >>>> REHEARSEL is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO LACK OF EXPERIENCE SO THAT EVERYBODY  KNOW THEIR ROLES AND TIMING OF THE DINNER WILL RUN SMOOTHLY.

2 comments:

xnez said...

Ging, everyone got the lessons from that nite. Agak huru hara la kdaan mlm ya,but we all know you has trying ur best. we understand la. Yg penting! kita sentiasa bkerjasama tu. The spirit of marketers still inside of our teams.especially BMB5M.ahhaakkk!

** U smiled, I smiled too.. Snapping here and there after reached hostel. Lega bila tgk u tersenyum. Terukir senyuman MARKETERS.

AmirFX said...

Best ehh ada majlis yg pakei topeng2 kedak ya... Kmk mok pakei topeng ultraman... Sak nampak gagah.. haha..